Stay Cool With These Twists on an Old Classic
Nothing is better than a refreshing glass of lemonade on a hot summer day, but sometimes we want to mix it up. Try these variations this summer! In order to make things easy, I suggest using store bought lemonade as your base! Keep in mind, these are all kid friendly—however with a slight twist, adults can have some fun too!
- Sparkling Lemonade—Add Sprite, Sierra Mist or Ginger Ale to your base. Add some cute lemons as a garnish!
- Lemonade Ice Cubes—Pour your choice of lemonade (or mix 2 different kinds, if you want to get a little crazy), into ice cube trays. Once frozen, add to your drink of choice. Kids love to see colored and flavored ice cubes in their drinks. You can always eat the lemonade ice cubes for a cool treat too!
- Watermelon Lemonade—Puree watermelon (or any other fruit of choice) and add to lemonade. Garnish with a watermelon slice.
- Lemonade Smoothie—Use whole lemons, ice, sugar for taste (optional), and water. Blend until smooth. For a variation, add frozen fruit before blending.
- Strawberry Lemonade Pops—You will need 1 pound of clean strawberries, ¼ cup of sugar, and 2 cups of lemonade. Blend together in blender, then divide between popsicle molds. Target has some great molds!
Tweet us photos of your creations!